Wednesday 8 April 2015

Modern Country loves...Union Jack rugs

Sometimes, something so deliciously Modern Country comes along that I simply can't wait to share it with you!

Such a momentous occasion has arisen, my friends.
I ordered this Union Jack rug from Cox and Cox
for the boys bedroom a while back and I am still smitten. 

You know how some mail order buys 
completely surpass your expectations?
This is one of them.


The picture doesn't do the rug justice.
The colours are much darker and richer and infinitely more Modern Country. The 100% wool tufts feel soft and reassuringly good quality under bare little feet (and bigger mummy feet too!).

The backing is edged beautifully. I love it when gorgeous details are placed where they're not even meant to be seen...you know they're there for just the sheer pleasure of looking good.

If you've been searching for a thoroughly eye-catching 
Union Jack rug, 
let your search stop here.
Jackpot.

{Edited note: the rug was from Cox and Cox who have stopped this particular rug but still stock the star version, or you can buy a very similar version here}


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





28 comments :

Jane said...

Ooh Sarah! I am swooning over here in Australia where that flag resides in the top left-hand corner of ours ☺. You clever minx to find it! J x

Cindy said...

Oh my! I love most anything Union Jack, and that rug is super delicious looking! Will you let us see how and where you have placed it in your home, dear girl?
Hugs, Cindy

Daydream Living said...

Hi Sarah,
I'm not British but I love this flag! Great choice, thanks for the tip,
have a good week!
Maureen x

miss b said...

What a great rug - good choice!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I always find the Union Jack so whymsical and fun. This is a great find. Bet your kids will look cute on that rug, too.

Christian Louboutin said...

Love your blog so much !

loveandlilac said...

Oh it's fab. I want one!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh Sarah, my daughter would go wild for that rug. I'm off to look at the website this minute. Thanks for sharing, lovey. xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry, I made a mistake in the last comment, woops!

Anyway, what it said was:

Love that rug, love cox and cox, and I love your style! x

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Okay, so Wow-a!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Love it! Great find :)

CHRIS said...

Love this Sarah perfect for a boys bedroom. Happy days. Chris

Stephanie said...

I love it! It's perfect!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Ok, so firstly your post title caught my eye - my maiden name! I LOVE it!!! (Not sure I like the price... esp as it would have to shipped internationally!)
I hope you are going to show us what you did with it? (Hopeful cheesy grin).
Have a great day!
S x0x

Travel With Lulu said...

I saw this in their catalogue. It is so delicious, isn't it?

Behind Margery's Daw! said...

That is one lovely rug. It would go really well in my son's bedroom that we have just decorated with a union jack theme. If fact, hubby pained a union jack on his wall which measures 3m x 2m!!

Paula said...

Fab idea - may have to get this for my son's room too!

Unknown said...

Sold! I was wanting to have this as a rough theme downstairs and now I'm sorted C:

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Hi Sarah, beautiful rug, really love it! Take care! Sharon:)

Shelly Wildman said...

So, so cute! (And a quick hello! Hope you are well!)

Unknown said...

Its really nice and fantastic blog.Its a user friendly for every one the explain for every one is nice its really helpful for my blog Best Interior Designers In Bangalore | Interior Decorators In Bangalore | Interior Designers In Bangalore

Unknown said...

A great combination of colors and designs. Overdyed rugs are my favorite.

Unknown said...

It is a well executed post. I like the diagram most. It is a helpful informative post. Thanks for sharing this great information.oriental rugs for sale

Rugs Discounted said...

It is really well expected peace of information. However, Getmyrugs provides modern rugs discount at estimated prices on entire USA location.

Inga Cotter said...

Thanks for sharing blog about rugs.. Wool Rugs

saranmobik said...

Very informative blog. I was searching for something like this. your blog helped me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing.

rugs for sale NZ

Shannon Mackle said...

I was able to win back my Ex lover with the help of…. Dr.mac@yahoo.com..

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10