Wednesday 17 June 2015

Cotswold Cottage House Tour

Before we embark on our children's room craft spree, let me share this gorgeous country cottage, tucked away in a corner of my neck of the woods: the Cotswolds.


{Try Farrow and Ball Light Blue for a similar front door paint.}

The front entrance has chockablock charm with its muted honey-coloured Cotswold stone, lavender-lined path and topiary: Modern Country garden bliss....but its the kitchen that caught my eye. See what you think...



Isn't she a beauty?
Nestled in the sweetest of sweet alcoves; small but perfectly formed.

The rest of the house is just as exquisite...



And who can ever resist the velvety warmth of a squishy armchair by a blazing inglenook fire?


Or, for that matter, a stable door? Yes, this is a home that spares no country punches.
  

But what about beams, I hear you cry? 
Aah, would I disappoint you?!


This attic bathroom is perfection! Those curved attic beams have me all a-quiver.


Definitely time for a lie down....



Images via Thurston Boyd

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





8 comments :

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is one of the cutest cottages I've seen online in a very long time. I love the attic bathroom and flagstone floors! :D Thanks for sharing, Sarah.

xo,
RJ

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

This charming cottage makes me want to downsize. I just read recently that wold means hills, which finally made Cotswold make sense.

PamLuvsPink said...

HI Sarah!!

This cottage is so my dream!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! I envy the owners of this beautiful cottage!!

Enjoy the rest of the week!!

Pam
xox

Rosie said...

Absolutely delicious cottage - thank you for sharing it. I just wish you posted more regularly ...

Linda Metcalf said...

Lovely....I can live here! Absolutely perfect.

Sophie's mom said...

Ohh, I wanna live there
Pat

Winfred Herrington said...

That house is really lovely! With its vintage and superb artistic design; this house is truly one of a kind. Now that’s the cottage worth pinning for! Thanks for sharing this, Sarah. All the best to you!

Winfred Herrington @ Sold Team

klotylda said...

Hi! I just got my home renovated by the home expert aberdeenand I'm absolutely in love with my new bathroom and quick step flooring. It looks so stylish and much more neat than before.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10