Tuesday 28 September 2010

Are you a Lurker or a Commenter?


Hello gorgeous! You're looking especially lovely today, if I may say so. I do hope you haven't gone to too much trouble on my account....:-)

I've put up a special Commenters widget to SPOTLIGHT the best commenters on Modern Country Style. Can you see it? Is your name on the list? If you post enough comments to get you into the top ten, you automatically get a link from Modern Country Style to your site. How cool is that? Was there ever a better incentive?! 

I'm so grateful for the lovely comments Modern Country Style receives. But....I know lots more of you are out there....lurking!


Old Image from Apartment Therapy

Are you a lurker or a commenter? Let me know by clicking on 'Leave a comment' below and then...errrr....leave a comment.....

Oooh, and I have some exciting news! Modern Country Style was featured on Tattertots and Jello! Thank you  to the lovely Jen for picking out our Modern Country Kitchen renovation.

And it was featured on Simply Designing too. Thank you, Ashley, for also choosing our kitchen makeover! 

What's that? You'd like a peek too? As always, your wish is my command: just click on the new photo of our kitchen in the sidebar,  all related posts will pop up like magic and you can browse away till your heart's content.


Well, I've had a lovely day today making cushions. Nothing says 'snuggle up into me' more than a sofa filled with inviting, plumptious cushions. Don't you agree?

 I found these lovely ones on Ebay. Aren't they finished beautifully? I am very keen on beautiful finishes. I've been practising and practising. a lot of practise has been needed for producing any where near a beautiful finish but I think I'm getting there.

Two things make a humungous difference to a good finish. Measuring well initially is the first. Not my forte, I have to say. However, painful and frustrating experience (can you hear my sobs echoing?!) has shown me that it really is worth doing properly.

And the second is: pressing, pressing, pressing. It's quite miraculous  how much of a difference a good ironing session makes to the quality of the finished product.


Anyway, I've been sewing away very industriously and will soon have some, I hope, beautifully finished cushions to show you..

I will report back very soon. 

Now, on to you! I'd love to know what you like and what you'd like to see more of on Modern Country Style. Is it the photos? The tutorials? Our house renovation? I'd love you to let me know....

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





31 comments :

Unknown said...

Woohoo, number 6! Thanks for the link.

What i love about your blog is the variety, I really enjoy not knowing what will be next! And that your posts are really well thought out, hmm could do with a bit more of that myself!

inca said...

Hi there I'm new to your blog and it is just lovely,I'm a bit of a lurker but I guess more so a commenter:)My daughter wonders why she has few followers on hers but she is a lurker through and through bless!I look forward to reading through your blog,beckyx

Room Seventeen said...

Wow, Room 17 on number 5! I am not a lurker, I love posting comments.I like reading your blog, your posts are always pleasant and spontaneous. Go on!

Paula said...

I definitely started off as a lurker in my early days of discovering blogs. But now I LOVE to comment. I adore the interaction and sense of community. I think that your blog is great - I have love the things that you make and the tips. I'm no seamstress myself, but every example I read brings me closer to using my old sewing machine. I'm also a sucker for a renovation post. The words 'before' followed by 'after' are enough to send me giddy! xx

coastal village life said...

Hi, I noticed your top ten yesterday and thought it was a great idea but I am not much of a commenter yet! I am working on it but am new to blogging!

I was pleased to have found your blog as it is so varied and all of what you chat about appeals to me! Your photos of finished rooms are very inspiring to me as we are a way off getting to that stage!

Claire Potter said...

See now you've made me go all competitive - I want to be at the TOP of your commenters list!!! Can't believe I'm not. Not sure you'd want me there though with my cynicism and brutalness and taste-contrariness.

P.S. I look rubbish today actually.

Jessica said...

I'm a new follower to your blog and I adore it! I love your kitchen redo...amazing! I'm de-lurking :)

Alison Agnew said...

My name is Alison and I'm a lurker...sometimes a commenter. But I agree with you that it is fun to read those comments, so here I am...delurking (for the day, at least!)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Alison
Stuff and Nonsense

Tricia said...

Well...I used to be a lurker but since I got a blog I became a commenter, which you can see because I'm shown at number three :) I love your new widget, I haven't see that before. I'll be interested to see how that works out...maybe that's what I need to get some new commenters.

Love the pillow pictures. Can't wait to see the ones you're making. Best wishes :)

Laurie said...

I try to leave comments and not lurk too often. I guess I can be a commenter and a lurker! I can't wait to see the pillows you are working on. I am off to my sewing room today to work on a few myself! Have a happy day!!!

michelle said...

WOW! So cool!!! I didn't know that you could do that! I love comments and I love leaving them. We all work so hard on our projects and they deserve a sweet word or two. :)

I love the pillows! I wish I could sew. I can do plain boring square ones but that it about it. I can't wait to see your new cushions!

Have a great day!!

Annastacia said...

You caught me! Fine, I'll admit it, I'm a lurker. I try not to be, but I just never have anything worth saying. But I will try to not lurk anymore : )

cindy said...

Well Girl, you know I love your style...and I love your wit. I'm workin' my way to your top ten. Watch out.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

THANK YOU for coming out of your lurking shadows. It's so nice to know I'm writing to real people!!

My day as been totally made. I'll float around on a cloud now!!

Am I too easily pleased?!! :-)

Holly said...

Huh...maybe that's why my family always looks a little unkempt...I don't iron! Well, I do when it's really important.
Can't wait to see the results of your
sewing!

Holly said...

BTW, I'm a follower now :)

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*Love that..definetely a commenter!!~* Hugs, Rachel

It's me said...

I really like to give comments.....you now.......as much as possible.......and i really like to get comment back........that is the nice thing of blogging......love love love Ria.....

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Hello you. I'm definitely a commenter, although I've done my fair share of lurking. Love that widget. Looking forward to seeing your cushions and I must look at your cardie cushion that you mentioned on my blog. Have a great week! xx

Leigha said...

Uh, I'm not even listed. Eeek. I know I have been MIA (crazy busy and piled under heaps of work), but I will be back. See you soon dear.
Leigha

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Before I had my own blog, I was pretty much a lurker. Now I run my mouth off...err...comment all over the place! I love the interaction between bloggers.

I'm totally in love with the gray pillow. I've tucked that away in my files for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker on most blogs but I do comment when I have something to say. Now that sounds like a pretty dumb answer but that is the way it is.

Ann said...

I do not really have much time so I love seeing photos... eye-candies to perk up my day.

A Perfect Gray said...

What a wonderful post. I always wonder about the 'lurkers.' And I love your side bar wisget for spotlighting your most frequent commenters.

Thank you, babe, for commenting on my blog today. It was a perfect example of 'practicing what you preach' wasn't it? A great idea!
I am so glad you introduced yourself; I will be looking forward to getting to know you thru your blog!

All my best!

Donna

STYLIZIMO said...

Haha, I guess I'm a lurker if I have a busy day! But I usually leave comments if I have something to say :)

Great idea with the top 10, btw!

You asked on my blog if I have seen your scrabble magnets, and yes I have. I also wrote you a comment on it and wanted you to share it on my website Stylizimo.com. Remember? :)
I love DIY projects!

Thank you for your lovely compliments on my blog. That means a lot!


Have a great evening!
xNina

Blissful & Domestic said...

I am usually a lurker. I am new to your blog, but find your country style so warm and cozy. I love it!

Unknown said...

Well, I guess I'm a commenter now. :-)

Found you through Boost My Blog. New follower!

~ The Speckled Dog

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

I'm mostly a lurker, but I do enjoy commenting too. I like receiving comments on my own blog, so I do need to make more of an effort to comment more often.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way. I think you're one of the sweetest people I've "met" online and I appreciate your caring spirit :)

Poetrycherie said...

Hmmmmm Lurking is that a blog catch phrase for being a stalker.... I Love to read blogs and I'm fascinated by all the Talented writings/comments others leave. Believe it or not I find it relaxing like reading a good book!

Teacup Moments said...

I just discovered your site. It is such a delightful blog! I had to immediately link up to my new blog. Looking forward to all your posts. Cheers!

Jenny said...

I'm a commenter, definitely. I have some regular people who see my blog every day but never comment. That is frustrating. Communication is two way. xo Jenny

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10