Monday 30 May 2011

Style Britannia: Tweed

If I think tweed, I think country.

{Hand in hand like
a steaming mug of cocoa
and lashings of whipped cream.}

But do I think Modern Country?
Do I think Style Britannia?

A big fat yes from me.
Just take a squiz at these.
Then look me in the eye and
try to tell me you can't see a
glimmer of goodness in them.


You can't do it can you?

I see that glimmer in your eye, cherry pie.
Thinking: how can I make that look work for me?


That's exactly where I hope I cam help you.
Tomorrow I'll show you how I style it my way.

Tweed's come a long way, bab-ay.



Images: Marie Claire via Wolf and Willow

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





17 comments :

Ann said...

I love that look...
so fab with a touch of class and tradition ♥

Kathysue said...

Love black and white tweed, it is a classic in my book,Kathysue

Lydia said...

Tweed is a fabulous fabric. It has personality and good character.

Shelly Wildman said...

A "squiz"?? I love that!

American in Bath said...

Yum, tweed. I'm having trouble imagining today since the sun is shining and it's lovely--ok it's grey and cloudy except for one little piece of sun.

It's me said...

Great !! but too hot for now.....lovely evening darling...xxx....

the fishermans cottage said...

Love a bit of tweed, I use to wear it in the early 80's very classic x

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I love tweed! It's so classic and classy. Tweed is wonderful for both men and women. Love it!

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Can't wait to see what you have for tweed. I never used to like it, but I feel I may have swayed. Look forward to your next post. Leahxx

michele said...

lashings? lashings? LASHINGS!!!

OH YOU BEHAVE, miss tweed.

michele

Sarah said...

Tweed is so chic, never goes out of style and is always in fashion! You can't go wrong with tweed - hello Monarch of the Glen! (my fave) -:))

Claudia Lane said...

Love it...sophisticated, fabulous style :))
xo

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh, lovely girl, I can't wait to see how you rock the tweed! :-)
Vanessa

Sam said...

Tweed? In Florida, US it is in the 90'sF and the thought of tweed is making me sweat. Hot, sticky, damp wool smell. Ask me again in November.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I have never owned anything tweed. Should I be sad about that? Help me out here, dear Sarah.

Fondly,
Glenda

Jenni said...

Hello Sarah! How are you today? I hope you had a wonderful Monday! :)

Tweed is a lovely fabric, but I don't think I have ever owned any, actually. Maybe after you show us how to make it work for us, I will have to change this! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Unknown said...

Don't think tweed is really my look but I am LOVING the hat & spec's combo in that last pic :)

xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10