Friday 17 February 2012

Day 25: What Makes An Outfit?


 
 Jacket: New Look, Shirt: TM Lewin, Jeans: Blossom, Boots: Nine West

Well, sweet peas, how are you getting on?
Are you pimping your wardrobe with pride?
{You soooooo know you want to.}

Pimp Your Wardrobe Mission 3:
Start choosing outfits

Yes, outfits. Next time you get dressed, don't just pick individual items...pull out an outfit. Think how the different pieces go together...or how you could make them work together.

Think colour. Think style. Think shape.
More on these to come...

For outfit 25 (can you believe we're nearly there with the 30 for 30 clothes?), I like the way the cuffs of my shirt come around the sleeves of the jacket. It's little details like that that help make it an outfit rather than a bitty collection of clothes thrown together.

{And, just for clarification, they're called outfits. Not costumes. 
Not ever costumes. Yes, Guy, you know I'm talking to you.}


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





17 comments :

Cassie Bustamante said...

you're never fully dresser without a smile! it's definitely confidence and a smile that make an outfit!

Marta said...

Lovely jacket!! This outfit rocks darling :)

Unknown said...

The pink shirt looks good on you:)

Full Circle Creations said...

Lovin' the pink shirt! You look great as always!

Holly

Grubby Cottage said...

Costumes!!!! It's definately a man thing :-)

You look fabulous and the bump is sooo cute. You should model in one of those pregnancy magazines... Have you not thought about applying?

fourkidsmom said...

Again so cute and love the pink shirt. Also love your hair. Looks so cute.

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

This is such a fun idea and you are the best model ever! I didn't know you were such a fashion maven.

Lila said...

I love adding scarves to make an outfit. Easy simple and festive.

On Crooked Creek said...

Sarah,
Lovin this look on you...very slenderizing! Must be the direction of the stripes!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Unknown said...

The very happy smile is the best part :0). I started voiding outfits for the week and can't get over the difference.

Jo said...

Costumes? That's adorable! My husband recently got in trouble for using a work to refer to my clothing that he didn't know the meaning of. He said my clothes are frumpy. He was in Big trouble!

You look lovely in pink!

Anonymous said...

You look lovely as always, Sarah. I'm afraid the Fashion Fairy missed me out and so I have never been mistaken for stylish, but you just have the knack! Hope you are keeping well. God bless x

Ricki Treleaven said...

Cute outfit, but your hair and skin look so pretty....you must be having a girl....

xo,
RJ

SImple and Serene Living said...

I kind sort of remember my pregnancies, but I know I never looked as great as you do.

Robynne's Nest said...

Love that pink shirt! Looks like the weather is on the up and up...is that sun shining on your hair??? Robx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous outfit! You look so beautifully tailored and it's effortless!

L x

Seaweed and Raine said...

Wow Sarah! In that first photo I could ask you "WHERE did you put the BABY???" lol How long do you have to go till bubby arrives?
You look fab chicky. I am really enjoying the way you are styling things for 30 for 30. And yes, I'm taking note. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10