Saturday 18 February 2012

Day 26: Pick Your Style With Intention

Jacket: New Look, Dress: Blossom, Earrings: Wild Acre Designs, Bangle: Primark 

Day 26, Day 26!! Only 4 more days of 30 for 30 Clothes until I get to wear OTHER pretty things. I. Cannot. Wait.. I have enjoyed this so much but, let me tell you, my other clothes are seriously calling to me in their sexy-siren voices every time I open my wardrobe. Quite overwhelming to be spoken to in such a fashion so early in the morning. 

On Day 31, I am going to have a serious clothes showdown. I'll be changing my outfit every two minutes just because I CAN. Oh yesssssss. The powwweeeeeeerrrrrrrr....


But what this taking 30 items and remixing them every day for 30 days has forced me to do better is to think of the specific look I want for that day and make the pieces I pick out to work for me. Rather than wearing any old combination.


For example, today I love this Modern Country outfit. Taking this gorgeous prairie style maxi dress, so pretty and so country. But then pairing it with a boyfriend jacket and a big, chunky bangle takes it to the modern edge.
 Modern Country Clothes...I love 'em!


So that's the Pimp your Wardrobe challenge for today. Consciously decide on the look you want for the day, and THEN choose your clothes. Go on, see if you don't love it...


Have a WONDERFUL weekend.
See you Monday...or before if you've joined me
for a chat over on Facebook!



Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





20 comments :

Tricia said...

You have great style, Sarah. You'd look good no matter what you wear. Hope you have a great weekend!

xo

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I agree with Tricia. I have said it before...you would look beautiful no matter what you put on.
Have a lovely weekend.xo

Anne said...

You look adorable, sweetie. Love that combo!

Anonymous said...

hi sarah :) you look gorgeous in this dress! makes me wish summer would hurry up!!
i was just wondering how you do your hair in this undo? cos it looks so elegant and beautiful :) show us? xx

Mimi said...

Cool project. You look great in anything. I tagged you. Please check out my blog for more info.

Erin S. said...

I love the idea of having a plan for your outfits each day. I don't think it takes much longer, but having a plan helps me execute better in every part of my life. You look darling in that outfit, by the way. Good on ya :)!

On Crooked Creek said...

Sarah,
Another great look, darling! Only four more??? Keep 'em coming!
Fondly,
Pat

Thoughts for the day said...

Love the hair... it is really pretty and love your name, my daughters name is Sarah and my daughter in law's name is Sarah. Did you know it means Princess??

Susan T said...

Well you have managed to look wonderful in everything you have worn so far. Little MCS has a seriously stylish Mum

Unknown said...

Is it just me or are you a dead ringer for Gwyneth P in second photo??! (she squeaks trying to muffle unattractive tones of envy!!;))

Darned nice earrings may I say too? :)

Privet and Holly said...

Happy weekend,
gorgeous girl! I
am about to step
away from my computer
and completely clean
out my closet. I've
wanted to do this
for nearly a year.
Can't wait to stream-
line it all and YES,
be more conscious
about each day's LOOK.

You are a doll.

xx Suzanne

Unknown said...

It's almost 30 days?! Cannot believe how quickly the time goes.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sarah,
You look adorable as always. Love that cute prarie dress and the jacket looks great paired together with it.
Your hairdo was a perfect combo too,
and like your cute earrings as well.

Wow, you are gonna have some fun in
a few days aren't you......you are gonna be a style queen whatever....
This has been a fun idea and shows a lot of great creativity on your part, nice way to make the pregnancy go quicker too.

Thanks for coming by hon, and yea,
we are pretty proud of our 42 years together...............

Have a lovely Sunday,
Blessings, Nellie

Anonymous said...

So femininely beautiful and that jacket gives it such a cool edge - Lovely and totes modern country!

L x

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is one of my favorites so far. I love modern country clothes, too. Love the jacket paired with the dress.

xo,
RJ

Emmett Katherine said...

this is such a pretty dress, love the ruffle detailing at the bottom :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

THAT dress is great. I have a maxi that I like to wear with a vintage '70's denim short waisted jacket (complete with a HUGE collar).
I've culled a few things from my wardrobe lately... Still working on it all. :)
Guy takes great photos.
Hope you weekend was a good one. :)

chris said...

My favorite look thus far!

Country clothes said...

This is indeed a good look! I super love you modern country look. Excellent job! I look forward on day 30!

Dr Mark Alex said...

Kidney donor needed urgently, My client is urgently in need of a kidney transplant, If interested to sell contact here on my what'sApp number +4915219253693 Or Email: kidneydeal@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10