Tuesday 21 February 2012

Day 29: Pancake Recipe!!

 Jacket: Next, Jumper: Crave Maternity, Jeans: Crave Maternity, Boots: Clarks, Belt: Next

I hope you know that today is officially Pancake Day in England. There are only a few formal recipes that I know off-by-heart from my mother and pancakes is one of them. So here's the way I ALWAYS cook my pancakes (and let me tell you, I've had it said of me that I am THE pancake queen. Yes, not just any old Pancake Queen. The. Big title...)

Here's the lowdown...

Yummiest Pancake Recipe
100g plain flour
1 egg
1 tablespoon salted butter
1/2 pint milk

(This is meant to make enough for 8 but I cook 5 times this for the 6 of us. Greedy? Too right!!)

Mix them all together (adding the milk slowly as you whisk), then cook up a storm in your kitchen. Add your topping(s) of choice (mine are sugar and golden syrup...I know, I know...I'm blushing as I type!!) and relish in your incredibly gorgeous new-found pancake-cooking abilities.

Oh, and love me forever.

Deal?


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





16 comments :

Ann said...

Oh your pancake recipe looks real simple... will try it this weekend because my son is a sucker for pancakes and waffles...

Your photos are lovely.Love your blazer and boots.

Unknown said...

Yay! Breakfast for dinner with a legitimate excuse :0)

Hope you pop by today to take part in a photography class that I have going on :0)

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Sarah your hair looks lovely! Loving the outfit too...Happy pancake baking! I've just baked around 20 myself...Sharon

Annie said...

Pancake Day? That sounds seriously awesome! Your hair looks adorable, and I love this cute & casual look :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Oh no... dilemma. Do I tell my hubby who definitely loves a good pancake or two or three....but does not need even a one?!! Hmmm....gotta think about this. Okay, just saying, don't you love your boots!! I love boots!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is so lovely to see you, Sarah, after my three week break. And I must say ... you are looking adorable.

I think we should have Pancake Day in the States, too. But, sadly, Lyle's Golden Syrup is hard to find. I remember it well from my boarding school days in Malaysia, which had a lot of British products. YUM.

Fondly,
Glenda

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is so lovely to see you, Sarah, after my three week break. And I must say ... you are looking adorable.

I think we should have Pancake Day in the States, too. But, sadly, Lyle's Golden Syrup is hard to find. I remember it well from my boarding school days in Malaysia, which had a lot of British products. YUM.

Fondly,
Glenda

On Crooked Creek said...

Sarah,
You are still a stunning figure as you pose for these photos, dear! Your hair style is adorable! It's a day for Pancakes on the Praire, as well; however we'll have ours with the Youth @ Ash Wednesday Fellowship just before services tomorrow evening. We support our Youth for Summer Camp Scholarships! Mother's recipe looks delicious!!!...and who's to disagree with the Queen? Ha!
Fondly,
Pat

Tricia said...

It's pancake day already? I remember when you talked about that last year. By the way, when I was pregnant the first time around, I totally craved pancakes with peanut butter and a giant glass of orange juice. No calories there, right?! :)

CHRIS said...

Hi Sarah, love those pancakes (strawberries & icecream for me). You are looking cuter everyday, love your hair!

Thoughts for the day said...

wow you are showing {baby} a LOT today, and as always you are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE pancakes! Woop! And I'm loving the outfit - Very cute!

L x

Cindy said...

Oh yummy, I love pancakes, I make them with whole wheat flour and put pecans in them.
I love your top!
Hugs, Cindy

Sexton In The City said...

You look lovely!

sextoninthecity.blogspot.com

Seaweed and Raine said...

Funky hair! :)Only one more day of how to dress like a yummy mummy! :( I'll be staying tuned - don't worry! lol

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Cute hair! Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10