Monday 6 August 2012

Scarves: Gwyneth Paltrow's Style

Welcome to the second in a series on Gwyneth Paltrow's Fashion Style. The first focused on knee high boots, and went on to show a few simple rules on picking the perfect pairToday we're talking about Gwyneth's fashion-passion again but this time the focus is on scarves. We're talking Gwyneth AND scarves....ooh, so Modern Country. Scarves and Gwyneth go together like Mario and Luigi. That is to say very well indeed.


I'd say she does a little bit of scarfage pretty darn well.
{Yep. I said scarfage. 
That should so be a word. 
It is now...}


The scarves I've picked out are all biggies: pashminas that wrap around and around and around to make you feel all snuggly and warm. And all in neutral colour ways. 


In fact, there is basically only one scarf-style featured here: the rest being variations on the theme. The large grey pashmina is a fantastic go-to classic. 


What I'm trying to demonstrate is that there's no need to rush out and buy a hundred million different wraps when Gwyneth shows us so beautifully that one look can be streeeeeetched a very long way.


Take a simple black jacket, wrap around a grey scarf, put on fitted trousers or leggings, add some boots and finally pop on a pair sunnies. You, my stylish Modern Country friend, are good to go....



Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





19 comments :

Stephanie said...

I love her. And her scarves. I kind of want her whole wardrobe!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yup, I'm in that plan...shall we go halves?!!

Sarahx

Victoria said...

I HEART Gwynnie! There's a wonderful video on youtube of Chris Martin running through the audience, grabbing her face and kissing her at one of their last concerts. She reacts so sweetly, like a school girl who'd never been kissed before!!!

Annie said...

Definitely love her style - so gorgeous!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oh Victoria, that sounds a lovely video...it's already making me go all swoony!! I'll have a little search for it right now...

Sarahx

Mrs H said...

Lovely - if only I was tall and had long legs sigh !

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Aaah!! So cute! Here's the link

Sarahx

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

My girls always wear the cutest scarves and when I try ... not so much. I have a very short neck.

I am coming over for tea this afternoon, (after the babies nap), for lessons from you, okay?

Your neighbor,
Glenda

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Glenda, Your comment made me smile {LOTS}!! I so wish you could come by!!

And short neck? Pah!! Scarves are great for hiding all kinds of necks!

I think I have just the post for you...

Sarahx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Beautiful friend from the magnificent GREAT BRITAIN! I am so proud of your team and countrymen and women!!!!!

THANK YOU for coming to visit today; I was behind in my blogging and now have put up a new post. Your blog is fabulous!!!! Anita

FASHION TALES said...

I adore Gwneyth's style so much and love wearing scarves. Such a versatile accessory.

bj said...

Holy Cow...she is sooo awesome...and YOU, my little friend, are so good as showing us all these things that we can actually USE. I am going to buy MORE scarves this fall...I have a few but NOTHING like these. 'Course, something tells me that the very same scarves that look so awesome on her and YOU, might...just might not look as smashing on an almost 75 year old....but, hey...wait a minute...what better way to cover up an olden, wrinkled neck than with a pretty scarf.!!
xoxo

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

Oh I love gwneyth's style. I don't do scarves very well. I feel like they wear me, but this gives me some good ideas to try this fall. Thanks Sarah!

Ann said...

She looks so gorgeous
rocking that scarf.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

A big "yes" to scarves... I love them! It's so comfy when there's a little bit of wind, which happens more often than not on the seaside... But I love a little bit of variations myself... Though, now that I think of it, I don't have a grey one... Time for some shopping?

LindyLouMac said...

I have a draw stashed full of scarves which I wear a lot especially in the winter, as they are a very popular accessory in Italy.

Robynne's Nest said...

It's one thing I've learned to do whilst living in this country..is wear scarves...not just for warmth but as a fashion accessory...I'm gaining quit a collection!! Robx

Paula said...

I just LOVE how this woman dresses on her down time! I'm a bit of a pashmina queen myself - never without a scarf - even in the middle of Summer - lol!
Paula xxx
p.s. Hope that you're having a scrummy delicious time with baby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10