Monday 13 August 2012

The Mac: Gwyneth Paltrow's Style

Welcome to Part 3 of Gwyneth Paltrow Fashion favourites. We've covered Gwyneth's Knee High Boots and Scarves so far.
Both Country Classics, given a gorgeous Modern twist.



And today's Mac post is no difference.
The perfect Modern Country Style outer-wear.


The Mac conjures up images of taking the dogs (definitely plural) for a long walk.
Rambling through hills, splashing through streams.
Sheltering from a sudden downpour,
collar pulled tight....


....BUT
prevented from being at all twee by those fantabulous Modern details that Gwyneth Paltrow's style shows off so well:
beautiful fabrics
stylish belts
military touches...


Gone is the rather shapeless farmer-style coat (practical, yes, glam? Err.....no!), to be replaced by beautiful tailoring, skimming perfectly over any lumps and bumps that might be hiding underneath.


Knotting the belt or pulling it to the back can winch your waist in to create extra va-vavoom, particularly useful for slimmer shapes, like our Gwynnie.


So whether it's with added epaulettes, or a bit of sparkle, or a special new belt, how will you get your coat to stand out from the crowd?

Next time, I'll be sharing my favourite ever Mac....

love,
Sarahx

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





10 comments :

Paula said...

This woman gets it right time and time again doesn't she? I adore macs, especially with the belts tied around the waist - very chic! Sadly, I think that I probably already own many of the items that the lovely Gwyneth has in her 'basics' wardrobe - but regardless of how hard I try, I can never achieve that elegantly casual fabulousness that she oozes from every pore. I think that it's all in the grooming. She's just SO glossy isn't she. When I attempt the 'just pulled on' mac, jeans, boots and pashmina 'look', it epitomises the real meaning of the phrase 'just pulled on' - with the unwelcome addition of the phrase 'just pulled through' ...a hedge..backwards!
Paula xxx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Aaah, but Paula, don't think I've forgotten your incredible high heel collection!! I reckon you could pull of any look with grace and aplomb!!!

Sarahxxx

Alison Agnew said...

she's a style icon
in my book

love
just about
every thread
with which
she adorns herself

and the hair

love love love
that Gwynie hair.

alison

Stephanie said...

I love her so much. LOVE HER!

Lori said...

She is stylish extroidinaire. But, I just might like to see her as a brunette. Too many roots in some of those photos.

Seaweed and Raine said...

The tailoring is key... I had one once that bloused horribly (not good if you have more than a C cup to your name). It left our residence as I never wore it.

bj said...

I'll swear she could put on a pillow case and look like a million bucks...:))

Cindy said...

I like the trench coat, I'm looking for one for Fall and winter.
~Cindy

Elaine said...

She has my taste in coats. Love the military look, all buttons and dsouble breasted. So fab!

As for me, in Fall I like to wear either a suede or cordoroy blazer. Kind of on the longer side to cover certain areas and elongate the body. This year I am more into color and I have a new red blazer, actually the color is claret. Love it!

A Perfect Gray said...

if I could just have her knees, I'd be happy! donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10