Monday 3 September 2012

Colour Study: Beautiful Farrow and Ball Front Doors...

Did you check out the winner of Farrow and Ball's Great Outdoors competition, which was designed to search for the most beautiful front doors in the world? 

Painted in Farrow and Ball Railings, isn't she a beauty?

Front door in Farrow and Ball Railings
Front door in Farrow and Ball Railings

Elegantly refined and traditional.

But there were some entries which, although they didn't receive the winning accolade, were definitely worth sharing....

This lovely arched door, for example, is painted in Farrow and Ball's Blue Gray (click on the link for my F&B Blue Gray case study):

Front door in Farrow and Ball Blue Gray
Front door in Farrow and Ball Blue Gray

The most countrified of the runners-up, was painted in Farrow and Ball Lulworth Blue:

Front door in Farrow and Ball Lulworth Blue
Front door in Farrow and Ball Lulworth Blue

But my personal favourite was this next one. I just adore the modern take on a classic door, painted in Farrow and Ball's Light Blue (click on the link for my F&B Light Blue case study).....

Front door in Farrow and Ball Light Blue
Front door in Farrow and Ball Light Blue

If you're dying for some more front door inspiration, I'm over at Relics of Witney blog today, looking at ways to pick your perfect front door paint.

Come over and join me...?


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





17 comments :

Sherry said...

Yes, the winner is a beauty but my favourite is the one you liked as well..that last one is so classy!

AliBlahBlah said...

I think the first one only won because of the cunningly-placed cat.....I agree with your choice too.

Cassie Bustamante said...

great round up- these are so pretty!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

One of my favourite weekend past times is to take pictures of pretty doors (weird but true)! I just can’t get enough of them! Hands down, the light blue beauty wins it for me!

chris said...

I love the blue doors...and why my front door is also blue. :)

Ruby and Belle said...

Love the light blue door.

Susan T said...

What is it about doors? I so need a smart new one, ours is awful, any of the above would be lovely.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm currently drawing my future front door... Choosing the colour will be the next step!

Privet and Holly said...

Perfect post for me
this morning, as I
was just talking to
hubby over the weekend
about painting our
white front doors
a ~ gasp ~ color!!

Will pop over and
read more, Sarah....

Happy Tuesday!

xo Suzanne

Paula said...

ALL are absolutely gorgeous! I wish that I could change the colour of my front door on a monthly basis - there are just SO many Farrow and Ball colours to love and I'm constantly coveting other peoples fabulous choices!
Paula x

Pippypop said...

All of these doors are gorgeous in their own unique way & I have to admit I am suffering from severe door envy! I must must look at relacing my horrible pvcu front door with something a lot more pretty! xrx

Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse said...

All of them look wonderful! I too love the Blue, fresh...I wish we could repaint our front door for every season.

cheap sticker printing said...

I like fresh flowers. Hurry up and take them inside to keep in water unless they become fade soon.

Unknown said...

I love that wreath and the blue door. There are some unique calgary doors that I've seen driving around too-- I'll have to take some pictures and send you the link!

Kermit Lukacs said...

I love the overall design of the second one! It's umbrella-like glass on top makes it look so cute! The not-so-colorful yet fine looking color of the door made it look so European.

Kermit Lukacs

Terry said...

Out of those four doors, I have to pick the last one as my favorite as well. I really like the contrast of the chrome hardware against the light blue paint, and the entry itself is a great complement to the house's exterior. Thanks for sharing these, Sarah!
-Terry Arnold @ Integrity Alaska

Queenie said...

I love this light blue color. Just wondering what the perfect background (house color) would be? My painters are already priming and I'm panicking. Thinking of Benjamin Moore linen white. but is it too creamy to keep this blue crisp?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10