Friday 21 September 2012

If you've ever had to tidy up after a child then this one's for you....


We can't possibly cover all the ins and outs of doing up our girls bedroom without talking about the nitty-gritty of keeping things looking pretty...once the camera turned off, I mean. Let's get real: most likely, those wellies have been entangled in the chandelier in an innocent game of catch, bringing the whole thing crashing down...

{don't tell me you can't see that happening...}


If only the toys that children leave around the house looked like this,
boots neatly paired, car parked just-so, 
there would be no need for 
super-tidying solutions.

But they don't so there is....

You should know that we have five children 
so when it comes to keeping mess at bay, 
I'm pretty much a pro!

Drop by next week and see 
the very best problem-solving tips I've found 
for keeping things ship-shape.


Image via: House to Home

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





13 comments :

Crafty Helen said...

I only have 3 and can't cope so I need all the help I can get! Look forward to your advice. X

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I have my tricks, but with only one, it's not so bad. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve after all your experience!

Okio B Designs said...

I have 2 boys and I feel like every minute of the day, I'm picking up something they left behind. I'm sure I'll miss it when they run off to college but there are days where I just want to scream! =)

Jeanine

Susan T said...

I have two VERY untidy grown up children who travel to Uni from home. Our sitting room is fast turning into a student common room HELP - that is apart from all the other crud of course.

The Moerks said...

I will be back to check out that post. School holidays have just started here and I aim to spend some of it decluttering and tidying. That is a very pretty picture, love the clock.

Paula said...

Boy oh boy am I looking forward to this! I have 3 plus a dog who thinks that he's my fourth, so any tips would be most welcome!
Have a great weekend,
Paula xxx

Louisa Sugden said...

Oh I can't wait to read this, I have two beautiful daughters,
and we attempted to create "the perfect bedroom" for our eldest. She loved it and it stayed pristine for all of 10 mins LOL. Bring on the tips for keeping mess at bay

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Can't wait to hear your tips! Right now my basement looks like a tornado hit it, which kills me because I had it completely picked up and organized last month.

My younger two and their friends are the culprits. My older boys have a lot less "stuff." I'm tempted to just go toss it all out :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I have 4 grown-ups. But they have Littles; and when they come to Oma and Honey's it's a FREE FOR ALL!

We're all learning the boundaries. My kids say I'm not the same person I was when they were growing up. "Mom, you'd never let us go outside and leave a mess inside for you to clean." What happened?

I'll tune in and maybe you can teach this Oma an thing or two! I need a new strategy!

....Pat

The Snowdrop Project said...

Ha! Sarah,
Very pretty picture, and a million miles from life in the Snowdrop household!!
Looking forward to finding out where I've gone wrong!!
Hope you have a lovely week,
Lizx

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

Oh my goodness - I can't even begin to tell you how much I *wish* my house had toys neatly stacked in a corner - with three boys I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after them - I'm sure you're consumed with FIVE kiddos. :)

Cindy said...

That a great image! So pretty and tidy.
Hugs, cindy

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Jenny and I were just laughing the other day about the many hours I used to spend helping her keep her closet clean. We always laughed a lot while we worked.

Fondly,
Glenda

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10