Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sheepskin Rugs and Throws: Eighties Throwback Or Tactile Heaven?

I'm not sure that's there's much in life that is more 
deliciously tactile than sheepskin.


Just look at these lovely images.
Don't they make you want to 
dive in head-first to the deep, shaggy pile?
To bury your face into the luxurious softness?


They did go through a rather sad phase of looking terribly dated but, huzzah!, they're back with a vengeance, looking as classic as ever but, the wonderful thing is, they're bigger and better than before.


You can buy sheepskin in a whole range of colours, either dyed or from rare breeds, which can give beautiful fleeces like these:



Sheepskin is so beautifully natural. 
It's an easy way to rock the rustic vibe.

If you're looking to add a little more Country to an otherwise Modern space, then sheepskin may just be the answer you're searching for.


And size-wise, the sky's the limit. 
Fleeces can be carefully sewn together to create one enormous sheepskin. 
Wooooah!


There are loads of options too. Whether you use sheepskin as a rug...


a throw....



or simply as a cushion....



...it's a brilliant way to add natural texture to any room. 
And, what's more, they're relatively cheap too.


It's all good news today, my pumpkins.


Especially a certain girlie bedroom.....?


Images via: Strawberry Hills, Unknown, Design Loft, Kingdom of Style, Unknown, Domino, Speciality Linens, Ikea, Unknown, Emma's Blog, Occa-Home, The White Company, Unknown, Unknown

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





23 comments :

LindyLouMac said...

I for one am delighted to hear that this particular fashion is being revived as I hate feeling cold. :)

Unknown said...

Rustic chic and cosy - love it!:)

Lorrie said...

I love the cozy feel of sheepskin.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I like the idea of layering it on a chair. So cozy.

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Very cozy indeed. Following back as well and thank you for following my wee blog>

Lisa x

The Snowdrop Project said...

Glad to see that sheepskin is back in fashion.
When my boys were little they both nagged and nagged for sheepskin rugs in their bedrooms.
Your images show just how versatile it can be.
Have a lovely day,
Lizx

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. I've had a stressful few weeks at work and your kind words really lifted my spirits : ) Those sheepskins look amazing..I think I'm going to have to work one into my home somewhere. Kate xx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Mmmmmmm. That's a good mmmmmmmm btw. I do like a good sheepskin. Lovely pics.

Hurry up and show us a certain girly's bedroom. I can't wait any longer! xx

It's me said...

So warm and cozy .....love Ria...xxx.

The Moerks said...

Very snuggly indeed!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Oh doesn't that giant white one on the timber floor make you just want to roll around on it? We bought a large pieced one for in front of the heater/fireplace this past winter.

Cathy (aka Catherine) and Bill (aka William) said...

Uhuh! Sheepskins belong in every decade. YAY! Thanks for showing how beautiful they are in every room :)

Unknown said...

Oh I love a sheepskin. I love it when you go to scandinavian countries, and they have cafes with outdoor chairs with sheepskin on them to keep you warm!

SImple and Serene Living said...

The photos are all lovely and sheepskin is indeed cozy.

Laura

designchic said...

I'm such a fan...warm and cozy!!

Heaven's Walk said...

Ok, Sarah....am I the only one who is mildly creeped out by having an animal skin laying on my floor or on my bed....? lol! I guess if they would just shave the sheep instead of skinning them, I wouldn't feel so bad for the poor animals. As beautiful as they are, I just can't get into this one decor. Yeah....and I'm a tree hugger, too. lolol!

xoxo laurie

Comeca Jones said...

I loved fur when it wasn't cool lol I am so glad you gave me new inspiration on how to use mine in different ways.

Paula said...

Snuggly and cosy and warm - as I sit here shivering and contemplating turning the heating on early - what's not to like!
Paula xxx

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

Oh I love the white ones, just pure gorgeousness is all I can say. Have a great weekend sweetie pie!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Ah, I must rethink the sheepskin we have owned for many years ... that I have never liked. Could you pop over for tea and help me ... Thanks, Sarah.

Fondly,
Glenda

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing useful information. Sheepskin rugs are all over the blogs lately and with winter fast approaching, I think one would be a warm, cozy addition to my decor.

Popular Life Home said...

Thanks for this great and informative article. Popular homes has a large collection of windows curtain that can be used to update any living space.

Kueh ho Jiak said...

The positive comments and do well wishes are very motivational and greatly appreciated.
Sheepskin rugs Toronto

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10