Monday 26 March 2012

Book Review: Flowers Every Day by Paula Pryke

What a perfect weekend we had in England weather-wise. 
Warm and mild and gentle and mellow. 
Top-class British perfection, I'd say.

And to celebrate all the lovely pottering I was able to do in our garden,
I have just the book for you today.....


Paula Pryke's Flowers Every Day.
{Published by Jacqui Small}

Oh, it's a complete treat for the eyes.
And for the mind too.

So many gorgeous ideas.

The basic premise is that it should be possible, with clever use of your garden, together with carefully bought selections, to 
enjoy flowers at home every day of the year.

A good one, don't you think, as premises go?

But how does it measure up in the practical stakes? 
Let's dig in....

Flowers Every Day 
is divided into seasons....

 
...and with each season, Paula Prykes takes you 
through what could be available in your garden...

 
and what works well when bought....

 
I love it that both these aspects are covered. 
Learn how to enjoy the best of Country (the Cutting Garden) 
and the best of Modern (the best flowers you can buy).

Modern Country Gardening.
Bliss!

Special events are covered too....

Mother's Day
{LOVE this idea...}

 
and Easter...

 
There's plenty of advice for the gardener...

 
and expert tips for getting the very most from your flower-buying.
Not necessarily by buying the cheapest of the cheap
...but by understanding what will give you a longer vase life.

All in all, this book is jam-packed 
full of original ideas...

for the novice...

 
and the clever-clogs...

 
So lovely.

I've included it on my sidebar 
{to your right and up a bit}
in the Amazon widget of 
my favourite Modern Country books.


This could be yours...
Tempted?

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





13 comments :

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Yes, yes and yes!

loveandlilac said...

Yes indeedy! x

It's me said...

It looks great !! yes .....love ...xxx.

Jo said...

That looks like a beautiful book! I currently have dead tulips in my house...time to toss those! One day I'd love to have a cutting garden and fill my house with flowers all summer.

chris said...

Oh, those pictures are just lovely. Someday I will have a cutting garden again. :)

Anonymous said...

My Husband used to buy me flowers from Paula's shop in Islington, such simple arrangements but so beautifully put together and always such a treat.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I read about this on the Country Days blog and thought it sounded good but now from your in-depth description it sounds great!

Definitely tempted....

L x

miss b said...

I think I may just have to treat myself to this! Great inspiration but
simple straightforward suggestions too.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

Hello Gorgeous! It looks divine. I was wondering, though - would it be any use to me in the southern hemisphere? Seeing those Easter eggs hanging from those Spring branches is the complete opposite of what's happening with the seasons down here! J x

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Jane,

That's a great point! Yes, I think it would be - I guess you'd just have to ignore the season names!

And play around with the seasonal celebrations. So, for example, you could use gorgeous autumn branches for the Easter Egg idea....

Hope that's helpful!

Sarahx

Unknown said...

Must get! C:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I have always wanted a good old fashioned English cutting garden. what a gorgeous book this is.
Laura

carports bendigo said...

Its valuable post about magazine for gardening. In this all magazine have such a valuable information about gardening. Thanks for share this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10