Wednesday 18 April 2012

Splitting One Room Into Two

 Although I was completely seduced by the idea of turning this space into something akin to the room I showed you here, we decided to split the room into two smaller bedrooms using stud walls.


Yes, we went for 
option two: the practical choice.
More wall space, more sound-proofing.
{I haven't had four children without picking up 
a thing or two on that subject, let me tell you!}

This gave me not one but TWO rooms to decorate!! 
Huzzah!


We made a small hallway using the area in front of where the main bedroom door used to be and arranged one new door to the left and one new door straight ahead.


This initial work was done when we were expecting our twins a few years ago 
and needed to get a lot done very quickly before they were born.
{Stressful? Why would you think that? ;-)}


Now we know that we're expecting a little baby girl, we're just about to redecorate these spaces in a more feminine fashion, but before we do that, would you like a little tour?

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





23 comments :

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the tour! Hope that baby bean is doing well and almost ready for her 'big day'.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I would love a tour of the baby's room..

Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I think having 2 rooms to decorate sounds even more fun than just one! Can't wait to see!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Very excited. Yes purlease!

Blondie's Journal said...

This was a great idea! I can't wait to see it completed!

XO,
Jane

fourkidsmom said...

Sarah, yes please. We need a tour.

susan said...

Yes please!!!

Little Leslie said...

Yes

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Yes yes yes yes please!

Shelly Wildman said...

Um, yes please!! Can't wait!

Stephanie said...

I definitely want a tour! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with...you always do such amazing work!

LindyLouMac said...

I think the practical choice was the right one to make for your family. :)

Privet and Holly said...

Yes, ma'am!
Imagine you are
the most organized
mom on the block
and are so ready
for wee sweetie to
arrive.....!

xo Suzanne

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

How did I miss that you have twins? How fun to be decorating for your wee daughter (soon to arrive.) Can't wait for the tour.

Elaine said...

Very smart, two rooms for the price of one. And as you said double the decorating fun!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

First Congrats on the baby girl... I think I may have missed the memo on that one!
Second... YES! DO YOU HAVE TO ASK? ...of course I want the tour. Not the cheap nickle tour either... I want the whole she-bang!

Pat

Thoughts for the day said...

Yes a tour is a great idea and sounds like fun. You are brave, I am not sure I would show off my 'house'... Blessings to you and that little one joining you.

Travel With Lulu said...

A girl! Congratulations :) I hope your pregnancy is going well! XOL

Susan T said...

Oh dear me YES indeed, a tour to end all tours no details left out. I am sitting waiting.

Unknown said...

2 rooms to decorate and in a feminine fashion - Lucky You!
Can't wait for the tour! x

Cindy said...

I would love a little tour! You are such a tease, let me see more, please, please with sugar on top.:)
Hugs, Cindy

Kellie Collis said...

Oh, tour please! I'd love to see it! Enjoy the fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

Magdalena said...

Beautiful!
Greetings from Poland ✿ܓ

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10