Monday 24 May 2010

Bathroom specifics....

Now we get down to the nitty-gritty.....

When deciding how to do the bathroom, I decided that I wanted to keep the main bits (bathroom, loo and sink, taps, tiles, floor) how they were, as they tied into the colour palette that I like for the house (more on that later...). They are all in excellent condition and I like them, even if they might not have been my choice. More to the point, the bath is enormous and perfect for bathing four children at once!

Here are the tiles...



...which are pale greeny-blue mosaics. Here is the floor.....



...which is grey-green lino. I went for white walls and ceiling, dark taupey-brown for accessories, along side this grey/blue/green.

I think the doors are a great success. I had to be quite firm with the carpenter to get a good fit. I hate doing that but I knew if I didn't then it'll annoy me forever. I love the simple Shaker style - no fuss, just clean lines. And white. Sooooo much better than what was there before.


Next up, lighting..... I searched and I searched and I searched for bathroom lights that I like. Probably for about two and a half years. I'm so happy I waited and didn't just settle for second best. I lurrrrrve these.....


They are chrome, 5-arm chandeliers. Aren't they gorgeous? I have put them on a dimmer so that the room can be super-bright or lovely and gentle. I bought an extra light too for the spare glass shades (not that I'm expecting another football accident....honest....).
Two lights in a bathroom feels very extravagant but that's the feel I wanted. Clean,white, bright by day and calm, luxurious and romantic by night.

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





5 comments :

Unknown said...

Love the tiles..

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Thanks, Claire. Funnily enough, although I'd like them in someone else's house, they are my least favourite bit! Although they are quite muted, they are still too 'coloured' for my ideal....

Eileen said...

I really like the shaker style doors. I know whAt you mean about being firm with the carpenters! Lol ..I had a few of those moments myself !

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just found your blogs today - when i was looking for info on fireplace smoke guards!! and now you have me interested in those light fixtures in your bathroom. Could you please let me know who the manufacturer is? I really like them!!!

Your sight is great!

Diana, in Montreal

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I think I got them from an online shop called something like Designer Lighting. I just searched And searched!!) for bathroom chandeliers until I found something I loved.

Good luck!

Sarahxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10