Friday 12 July 2013

House Tour: Modern Country at its best

This week has been quite the whirlwind, what with one thing and another.


I'm not talking about the crazy-hot un-English-like weather, 
or the near-miraculous Wimbledon win by Andy Murray.
Not even gonna mention my new head of highlights {L:O:V:E!}.


No, what I'm harping on about is this week's posts skipping willie-nillie between rustic-country to indistrial-glam with such brazen insolence!


After that whirlwind tour of the extremes of Modern Country interiors, let's get firmly back to home-turf and take a tour of a truly special Modern Country home.


A cool, calm background of muted, nature-inspired colours, if indeed they can be called colours! Immerse yourself in the deep, inky greys, rough plaster finishes and, for the flooring, a mix of slate tiles, warm wood, and bright white paint.


Don't you feel instantly back in home territory?
Shoulders drop.
Breathing deepens.
Heart-rate slows.


And that's why I so abashedly relish Modern Country Style.


It's not just the aesthetic.
It's the effect it has on me.


And with the enormously wonderful but busy privilege of five gorgeous littlies to look after, I need all the help I can get to chill. ;-)


A relaxing home is a good place to start, don't you think?


Images via Home and Delicious

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





11 comments :

Deborah said...

Good morning sweet Sarah!
How good it is to pop in and visit!
I love those last few photos..love that bedroom...oooh-la-la!
Gorgeousness!
Hope you and your darlins are all doing well!
Love and hugs to you all!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxoox

Amy Kinser said...

Beautiful indeed!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Love it....the kitchen is stunning!

It's me said...

Wowwww beautiful home.....Enjoy summer darling....love Ria...x !

Anonymous said...

love that tile mosaic floor in the bathroom - not sure I've ever seen that before. Gotta remember that!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Could not have said it better Sarah....heaven on earth!!

Unknown said...

With these hot sunny days we're having this home looks like such a welcome relief from the heat. Cool, grey, classy rooms ~ heaven. xx ps, yay for lovely highlights x

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That second picture made me forget for an instant the crazy week I've had! Newt week doesn't look so good, I hope you have pretty pictures at the ready!

Anonymous said...

I love this style, it encapsulates everything a home should be (for me anyway) - that is, welcoming and homely, yet stylish and peaceful. I love the neutral colours contrasting against whites and rustic tones. The furniture is stunning the beautifully carved pieces are full of character. I love that with country modern it doesn't have to be too structured, for instance I love the kitchen with the 2 black leather chairs, contrasting against the white wooden bench - it works.

Anonymous said...

I love this style, it encapsulates everything a home should be (for me anyway) - that is, welcoming and homely, yet stylish and peaceful. I love the neutral colours contrasting against whites and rustic tones. The furniture is stunning the beautifully carved pieces are full of character. I love that with country modern it doesn't have to be too structured, for instance I love the kitchen with the 2 black leather chairs, contrasting against the white wooden bench - it works.

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Sarah!!!

Loved the bed in the bedroom!!! How gorgeous!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10