Wednesday 24 July 2013

How To Give New Builds Modern Country Style!

Welcome to:

HOW TO BRING 
MODERN COUNTRY STYLE 
TO A NEW BUILD

donker grijze voordeur

Let's get the show off with a bang by looking at a fairly typical new build that has been absolutely beautifully decorated. It's rather non-descript from the outside, though even here, little hints of what's to come shine through...

landelijke woonkamer in grijstinten

Inspiring, doncha think? 

'How do I bring Modern Country Style to a new build?' is one of the questions that I'm most often asked by gorgeous readers.

houten vloer

This lovely house demonstrates one of my key points perfectly, and it's one we'll be delving into deeper later on in the series. Just look at the palette used in these images. 

landelijk stoere eethoek

Yes, I'm harping on again about taking a limited selection of muted, pared-back colours and using this palette, and only this palette to really pull a scheme together. You'll be amazed and, I hope, thrilled with the results.

landelijk stoere keuken in grijstinten

And if you're stuck with colour choice then, as in this sea of prettiness, white, grey and brown will take you a very long way indeed.

butlersink

 As long-term subscribers to this li'l blog will know, we live in an Edwardian home in the English Cotswolds, so I'm really excited to be able to finally show you in 'real life' how to bring Modern Country Style to a new build, as I reveal our new extension.

hoffz schaal

And while we're kicking off this new series, I'll be getting on with all the behind-the-scenes boring stuff! I am looking forward to having a little less gloss paint on my hands, and a little more time in the evenings! But it'll be sooooooo worth it...just you wait and see what I have in store for you!

stoer houten bankje

This beautiful home is just a taster of what's to come.

Top tips,
Real-life examples,
Best buys
Gorgeous homes

cloche oud zilver tin

Basically, I'm going to try and jam-pack this series with EVERYTHING you need to make your new home, or extension into a perfect Modern Country Style haven.

Will you join me for the ride? 
Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a single post!


Images via I Found My Home

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





6 comments :

Unknown said...

Love love love everything about this lovely home you have shared!

Jenni said...

Hello Sarah~

I love the colors in the home you shared! You just can't go wrong with grays, browns and whites!

I can't wait to see everything in this new series of yours, as well as your new extension! :)

I hope you have a lovely day!

Blessings,
Jenni

Unknown said...

What a beautiful space. The colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

So lovely to see a new build that has some personality!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you have done.

Fondly,
Glenda

Blogger said...

There is a chance you are qualified to receive a $200 BEST BUY Gift Card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10