Tuesday 5 October 2010

I've been tagged....Mrs Modern Country: revealed!!

I've been tagged by the gorgeous Mrs Sutton at The Hill House Diaries. This is how it works: I have to answer this list of questions that Mrs Sutton put together and then I have to tag four more people.

1) What is your ultimate dream job?

Okay, this is going to sound super-corny but, honestly, being married to my husband and being a stay-at-home-Mummy is my dream job. Maybe job isn't the right word but it was my plan  growing up. Yes: marry at 21 and babies by 22. And that's what I did. I think I have a planning disorder. :-)

If I had to choose a regular job, I don't know what I'd pick because I change my mind every few months according to my current obsession. Artist, interior desginer, Management Consultant, gardener....

2) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Beautiful
The Cotswolds, where we live, are stunningly beautiful. I'm not normally a girl who gasps at country views but, we knew we were coming 'home' the first time we visited because my husband and I both simultaneously said, "Wow! Look at the views".

Un.Heard.Of..

I do sometimes dream of what it might be like to live in small town America. Warmer weather, everyone knowing each other and baking apple pies. Wisteria Lane, anybody? That could be me. :-)

See that house? That's mine, that is....


3) If you could wake up tomorrow during any period in history - when would it be?



I wish I was alive when Jesus lived so I could have looked into his eyes and see his love for me.


4) If you could eat only one more meal, what would you eat?

Savoury pancakes made by my Mum, followed by stewed apples and whipped cream, errr....also made by my Mum. What? Do you think I'm going to cook my last meal? I don't think so. Plus, there's nothing so homely as my Mum's cooking. And I think I'd want to be feeling homely if I were about to die (last meal, people.....).


5) What made you start a blog?

That's a guilty face, if ever I saw one. What *is*she looking at on there?!
I used to hate the idea of blogs....that is, until I read one!! I first read Helen's and fell in love, and then somehow found Mrs Limestone's, and that love was cemented forever. I think I should have waited a little bit longer before jumping straight in with both feet....so please bear with me, learning on the job!


6) What is your favourite item of clothing?

My wedding dress. I only wish I could wear it every day!! It's so beautiful. The other day, I put it on and my children pretended to be bridesmaids, a page boy and my eldest son pretended to give me away,like the Daddy. We played Pachabel's Canon, which I walked down the aisle to, and my husband stood at the end of the house, while we processed towards him. Needless to say, I cried. But it was such a special thing to do as a family.


7) What is your favourite film?

The Parent Trap with Hayley Mills. I loved it as a child and now love it all over again as an adult. I love the 'getting your parents back together' theme and the unbelievably happy ending. Gets me every time. So, sooooo happy.


8) Is there anything that you would love to achieve/do/see before you hit 100?

My realistic dream is to have a beautifully finished garden. Climbing frames and tricycles rather get in the way at the moment. 

But my 'out there' dream is too walk on the moon and look back on Earth. I think it would give you a whole different metaphorical, as well as literal, perspective.

So that's a bit about me!
 
This is my tag list:

Rachel at French Farmhouse 425  

Loo at Jumbles and Pompoms

Helen at  Busybee Studio

Jessica at Cherry Street Cottage

Deborah at Green Willow Pond

Michelle at Coastal Village Life

Danielle at Blissful and Domestic

Miranda at Blooming in Alaska

My questions for you are:

What did you want to be when you were growing up?

What do you like most about where you live?

If you could only rescue three things from your house what would they be?

What's your favourite book?

What's your favourite room in your house?

What's your favourite joke?

What would you most like to change about your house?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





23 comments :

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog entry - And a meal cooked by your Mum - as your last meal - I loved that! - Angela

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

I really loved this post...feel I know you the person, alittle more. I think it's wonderful how you re enacted your wedding with your children...such a lovely thing to do. A friend whose youngest daughter was suffering real anxiety about them splitting up...as a little girl in her class parents had, so she was just discussing it with our priest at a social church thing. The next day he just popped round for a cup of tea and my friends retook their marraige vows, in the kitchen, with the children watching...sorted.
But yours must have been really special LOVE IT!
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie
x

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oh, Julie. That's so lovely. What a gorgeous thing to do. I bet that really helped their daughter.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Well, Angela ;-), it had to be my Mum because she's the best cook in the world. xxxxx

coastal village life said...

Aagh, I just lost my comment, silly computer!

What a great insight! I share your idea of small town America baking apple pies. Sounds idyllic! I'm impressed you can still wear your wedding dress, don't think I could fasten mine up anymore:( It's a lovely idea to relive your wedding moments with your children. Your answers are all making me smile.

michelle said...

Great post! It is nice to get to know a little bit more about you! I think I would have my mom cook for me too! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah, Although at the outset of writing my own weblog I promised myself that I should not take part in any memes or tagging, I have enjoyed enormously reading this posting of yours which, of course by its nature, lifts the cover, albeit not too much, on you, your family and lifestyle. Your mother sounds a positive angel and clearly a very talented cook. Does she live anywhere near Maida Vale?!!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Dear Michelle,
Thank you so much for retyping your comment! I'm glad you didn't give up on your computer.
Sarahx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Dear EC Michelle,

Mum's are the best cooks, aren't they? I only hope my own children's think the same about my cooking when they're grown up!

Sarahx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Dear Edith,

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I like to think that mymother is a positive angel (as opposed to negative?!). I'm afraid Maida Vale isn't in the neighbouring vicinity!!

Sarahx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Hi Sarah, loved your answers! Thanks for tagging me, old girl, I'll get the brain into gear tout de suite! xx

Paula said...

Oh Sarah - what brilliant answers! I think that tags are so insightful and interesting. I admit, on first receipt, they can also seem like a major hassle, but they do make such a wonderful read for everyone else! I like to think that I know you a little better now. I LOVE your answer about your last meal - SO right about a Mothers cooking - and that first picture with the dozen or so children - I had to laugh, because I automatically assumed that this was your family (thanks for putting us straight!). Thank you SO much for your answers, and for introducing us to some more fellow bloggers. Have a great evening. xx

vosgesparis said...

Ain't it great we still have things to dream of ;)

Tricia said...

Love you little Q & A...it is always so fun to learn new things about people. I thought the part about you in your wedding dress was so sweet :)

coastal village life said...

Thanks for tagging me Sarah, I've left a reply on my page for you. Thanks!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Thanks for Tagging me. I am excited to do it. I will post it tomorrow:>

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I'm really looking forward to reading your posts!

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'm working up a response post. Then I want to go check out the other gals you tagged. Fun!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yes, definitely check out the other blogs! Not only are they lovely blogs but they're all gorgeous too (grrr!).

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Fun post, its always nice to get to "know" the writer a little.

Have a great weekend!

Climbing Frames said...

Interesting... I was searching this info for my uncle. He will be happy for such a great info. Thanks for sharing...
Ana

search engine optimisation hampshire said...

Nice post! Thanks and keep on sharing.
Michael

Quilting Fabrics said...

Wow! You are the best. Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable info!
Smiles to you,
Chiara

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10