Wednesday 2 June 2010

Modern Country in the garden

Being in my garden is one of my favourite places to be. I find it so relaxing, even if I am slogging away. So soothing, somehow. All the cares of the world melt away.

Part of any gardening kit must be a hand trowel and fork. I've been through many, many, many. They either seem to come in two categories: expensive and natural looking (which means I ALWAYS lose them in the undergrowth) or cheap and colourful (which means they ALWAYS bend at the first glance of activity). Finally, I think I've found the answer.....

This arrived this morning:


Isn't it wonderful opening parcels?

Yes, a new set! This time it's a beautiful Burgon and Ball Hand Trwel and Fork set. A Modern Country girl can never have too many gardening tools.

'Gorgeous tools for serious gardeners'. Could there be a more enticing strapline?! I think not.

They look great. Look at how the heads join on to the handle - all one piece of stainless steel, which means there is no joint to weaken.

The handles are pink (the gorgeous bit!) so there will hopefully be no more losing-tools-in-the-garden traumas (although that does mean no "so *that's* where it is" fun in the winter when everything has died back and I uncover all sorts of things!).

Here they are in all their splendour:

I'll let you know how I get on. If you hear a scream, that'll be me mourning another bent trowel.

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





4 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a lovely set of gardening tools. And such a perfect colour. Glad to be hearing more about your garden life! By the way, how is your lovely cat and her "garden friend"? - Angela

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yes, I am really pleased with them. Although they are so shiny and new, I don't want to get them dirty!

Our lovely cat is getting bigger by the day! Enjoying her 'confinement'!

Sara said...

I have these in Plae blue/green and I love them. They even cope with the tonnes of weeds at the allotment!
Sara

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10