Friday 18 June 2010

Modern Country paint colours...

On my most recent visit to our local interiors shop, I found a new paint colour card from The Little Greene Paint Company......a chart with a difference! They call them colour scales.

The Little Greene Paint Company have taken their twelve best-selling shades from their 'Colours of England' range and added lighter and darker hues, so that for each original colour their are now four to choose from.


Nothing especially new with that (although surprisingly few of the 'posh' paint companies have lighter and darker versions of their colours. Grrrrr.). What is original is the way the chart can be concertinaed to align the colours away from the background of the card, allowing the user to compare the colours like for like (or, rather, shade for shade!), instead of being skewed against the glaring white which usually surrounds colour chips.


I love the colours they have chosen. Soft, chalky shades of grey, taupe and cream. Classic Modern Country choices.










Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





1 comment :

Judy said...

Er, I should apologise for mocking this device at your house t'other day. I see now how it could be useful. To me, all the colours still look the same, but then I have no walls to paint! (I am equally horrified that after years of saving up and having an ensuite built, my parents have chosen WHITE wallpaper!!) I hope you and your new chart are very happy together. xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10