Thursday 3 June 2010

Step away from the seeds....

When I first discovered gardening, I loved trying to grow from seed. The thought of growing a beautiful plant from that teeny tiny speck seemed like a miracle. Where does it all come from? Amazing!

However, I have made an important discovery about my gardening self. Little seedlings need watering, little and often. I always, always forget at some point in their little lives....or, in my hands, their short little lives.

I am much better if, instead of growing a whole plethora of seeds, I focus on just a couple. This seems within my limited capabilities as a seed-grower. This year, I am growing two types of foxgloves from seed.

One of my very few successes growing from seed is this lovely lupin:


I planted them out two years ago and this year I am thrilled to report that they have flowered gloriously for the first time.


Aren't they lovely?


Sumptuous gorgeousness supplied by Mrs Modern Country and a seed. Hooray!

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah, I've just read some of your blog and it's so interesting; you have such good style, both in writing and content! Your psuedonym is brilliant - Mrs Country Living - we love it! Nicholas

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10